Our products are made with quality and could last more than a decade if properly maintained. We recommend a certified inspection annually on all aviation helmets because personal protection equipment (PPE) is a safety item. During the inspection process, it may be recommended that the helmet receives a refurbishment. Refurbs are a separate service that brings the helmet back to “like new” condition.
Unlike helmets designed for other purposes, helicopter and flight helmets should absorb a large amount of the impact during an event. The energy absorbing liner should be replaced as needed because once the liner has compressed that location of the liner cannot absorb any more energy. Normal wear and placing the helmet down on its crown have detrimental effects on the liner. We replace the liner every time we inspect a helmet.
Once we a receive a confirmation or PO for work. We will complete the service as stated in the estimate. We will return the helmet as soon as possible. If there are questions about setting up a maintenance schedule please contact us and we will happily assist.
During an inspection, the certified technician will:
- Visually Inspect the Underside of the Shell
- Visually Inspect for any Defective Parts
- Use Testing Equipment on all Communication Elements
- Ensure Proper Operation of all Moving Components
- Visually Inspect Visor Lens for Scratches and Optical Clarity
- Visually Inspect all Soft Goods for Non-Hygienic Circumstances
- Remove the Energy Absorbing (E.A.) Liner
- Replace with Paraclete ShockLiner
- Write and Send an Estimate of their Recommendations
Info The Current turn around time for inspections is currently 1-2 business days.